You have almost finished
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISOR
Oil and Gas
Greater Accra | Accra | Full Time | NEGOTIABLE | 2020-07-22
- Lead the development of EHSS policies and procedures within the framework of continual improvement
- Implement, Coordinate and Manage EHSS program for the company.
- Ensure that routine inspections and audits of the workplace are carried out as well as corrective and preventive actions are implemented through tracking.
- Ensure safety Inductions and orientation for all new and existing employees, contractors and all visitors onsite are conducted.
- Provide EHSS training for staff, visitors and contractors on response plans and emergency procedures and facilitate drills/exercises.
- Develop EHS programs to meet client, company and government regulations.
- Lead in incident reporting, investigation, finding root causes of all incidents and taking remedial actions to prevent future occurrence.
- Compile and provide information for monthly reporting of EHSS performance data to clients as required.
- Implement safety initiatives, track and report progress to General Manager and Chief Executive Officer.
- Liaise with government departments and other agencies on EHSS matters, and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations.
- Undertake hazard/risk analysis of all waste management processes.
- Reviewing required PPE during purchasing and monitoring/ enforcing use of PPE on all operational sites.
- Prepare and control department budget.
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree or Graduate Diploma in HSE Management, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in the health and safety field In the Oil and Gas industry, 2 years of which should be in management position.
- ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor and NEBOSH Certification is a must.
- Practical skills in EHS auditing, safety legislations and incident investigation.
- Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of risk management and loss preventive,
- Strong presentation, excellent report writing and communication
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislative
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Proven Leadership experience and ability to manage employees to build effective motivated team.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team member
how to apply
LOG IN OR SIGN UP TO APPLY NOW